Thursday, December 4, 2008

Booking Through Thursday


1. Do you have a favorite author?

For years, Jane Austen has been my automatic response to this question. Jane is still number one, especially after visiting Jane Austen sights in and around Bath last summer. John Steinbeck is also high on my list, and there are so many other contemporary authors that I hesitate to mention just one or two more.


2. Have you read everything he or she has written?

I've read all of Jane Austen's novels except Emma, but that will change in 2009. I'm slowly working my way through a collection of her letters that I purchased at the Jane Austen Centre. Claire Tomalin's Jane Austen: A Life is also on the bedside table.

3. Did you LIKE everything?

What's not to like? Pride and Prejudice is my all-time favorite novel.

4. How about a least favorite author?

I can't think of one right now.

5. An author you wanted to like, but didn’t?

I really want to like Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I've read Love in the Time of Cholera and have started One Hundred Years of Solitude several times, but I just don't 'get' magic realsim.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't care for magic realism either. Please visit to see my answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Sally! I left a comment on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Be sure to check back, I always respond. Due to a recent increase in spam, all comments are moderated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails