The Classics Club Spin has been a huge successes. Previous rounds have dealt me Tess of the d'Urbervilles, The Picture of Dorian Gray, and Cheerful Weather for a Wedding. The rules are the same this time, only the dates have been changed.
Here's how it works:
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club list.
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog by next Monday. (2/10)
- Monday morning, we’ll announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
- The challenge is to read that book by April 2.
I'm still sticking with a slightly modified version of my original list. Here's what it looks like this time:
Pick Me, Pick Me (books I want to read now)
1. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
2. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
3. Delta Wedding by Eudora Welty
4. Wild Strawberries by Angela Thirkell
5. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
6. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
7. Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
8. A Lost Lady by Willa Cather
9. Gigi by Colette
10. A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
11. The Bunner Sisters by Edith Wharton
12. What Maisie Knew by Henry James
13. They Were Sisters by Dorothy Whipple
14. The Winter of our Discontent by John Steinbeck (reread)
15. Imperial Woman by Pearl S. Buck
16. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
17. An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser
18. Vilette by Charlotte Bronte
19. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
20. Middlemarch by George Eliot
Here is a link to The Classics Club's announcement post.
Are you participating this time around? Let's Spin!
UPDATE: The results are in... the spin number is 20. Looks like I'll be reading Middlemarch by George Eliot. Wish me luck!